Ribbon cuttingThe Greater Berryville Area Chamber of Commerce held an official ribbon cutting at the new dentistry office of Dr. Michael Nelson, DDS in Berryville on Tuesday, Aug. 7. Dr. Nelson is shown cutting...
Leadership AwardCharles Templeton (left), chairman of the Carroll County Democratic Party, was one of four recipients of the Farris-Freeman Outstanding County Leadership Award, presented last week at the 2nd Annual...
- 'She had a heart of gold': Talley remembered for love of family, God, BV schools (8/14/18)
- GF man dies after competing in Eurekan (8/14/18)
- Eureka Springs police chief announces retirement (8/14/18)
- DeVito seeks return to seat on ES council (8/14/18)
- Berryville School staff (8/14/18)
- Fry recognized as Eagle Scout (8/14/18)
- Samaritan’s Feet: Shoe giveaway reaches 280 in need (8/14/18)
- Literacy grants: Community foundation supports reading initiatives (8/10/18)
- Always something to learn: Gibson reflects on years of public service (8/10/18)
- BV council paves way to complete C4 center (8/10/18)
- Highlander cheer squad wins awards in BransonEureka Springs High School cheerleaders had the opportunity to hone their skills at a cheer camp in Branson during the last weekend in July, bringing home several awards for their performance. Makenzie Meyer won the spirit award, Valeria Sanchez won the attitude is everything award and the squad received the award for most improved team throughout the camp...
- Bobcats set to scrimmage Harrison Friday night (8/17/18)
- The Tiger roar might have left, but it has returned (8/17/18)
- Green Forest moving ahead despite low turnout (8/14/18)
- Sanchez seeing improvements (8/14/18)
- Berryville looking to turn the corner in 2018 (8/7/18)
- Bishop hoping for more players (8/7/18)
Hire me, Space Force! (8/14/18)To whom it may concern, It’s no secret I haven’t been the biggest fan of President Trump. You could probably discern that from reading my published work or my diary, so I might as well put that out there immediately. Sure, I don’t like Trump’s policies regarding immigration, taxes, national security and the environment, but that isn’t stopping me from reaching out to you today...
All the Little Children (8/10/18)Over coffee on a recent morning, my wife and I found ourselves talking about our family roots. My ancestors - rigorously investigated by a distant cousin - were Ulster-Scot and Welsh farmers arriving decades before the American Revolution. As they slipped southernly down the Appalachians, more than one Cherokee grandmother (of the Eastern Band in North Carolina) came to populate my family tree...
Making memories (8/7/18)I became a Chicago Cubs fan 36 years ago, during the summer of 1982. Like a lot of 12-year-old boys, then and now, I was in love with the game of baseball. And that summer I fell in love with the Cubs for the simplest of reasons: Day baseball. The Cubs played their home games — just as they still do today — at Wrigley Field. ...
Appreciation for Achord (8/14/18)When I heard of Police Chief Thomas Achord’s resignation, I was set aback and had to take a pause and reflect. I truly appreciated what our police department had become since 2014 and that is a remarkable local police force that cared about the...
Be like Einstein (8/14/18)“To do nothing, is to be complicit.” Those are words attributed to the great Albert Einstein, words prompting me to take action. To that end, I will be actively involved in voter registration to get folks signed up to participate in the upcoming...
- Mary Talley (8/14/18)Mary Talley, age 57, of Berryville, AR entered eternal life on Friday, August 10, 2018. She entered...
- William Norton Jr. (8/14/18)William Joe Norton, Jr., also known as “Chip”, 58, of Eureka Springs, AR, passed away on Saturday,...
- Vicki Conklin (8/13/18)VICKI ANN CONKLIN, of Green Forest, Arkansas was born on September 20, 1973 in Eugene, Oregon...
- Connie Webb (8/6/18)Connie Lenore Webb, age 73, of Green Forest, AR passed away Wednesday, August 1, 2018. She was born...
Farm Land RentalHOLIDAY ISLAND LOT, lake view, great home site, gentle slope, on paved road. Lot #115-3-13. Appraised in 2017 at $20,000. On Deer Run Drive. Accepting offers. Call 253-208-1445.
Houses for RentRV OR Tiny House space for rent on 17 acres in Eagle Rock, MO. $300/mo. Size approx. 14' X 30' All hook-ups, including garbage are included. $35 non-refundable app/background check fee. First & Last; $100 pet deposit, and contract-upon-approval required. email@example.com
Help WantedPART TIME COOK 10 to 12 hours per week needed at Holiday Island Elks Lodge. Call 479-253-9783
Help WantedGUEST SERVICES Professional preferably with retail experience. 30hr/week. Dependable transportation and weekends shifts required. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org