John and Amy Villines: Couple remembered for humor, love for familyJohn and Amy Villines of Harrison were known for their sense of humor, their love for each other and their dedication to their family.
Wintry weekendAs Arkansas 221 climbed out of Trigger Gap the air temperatures dropped and the trees became an icy wonderland over the weekend. At lower elevations a few degrees more kept things wet. Across Carroll...
- Sheriff's office investigating fake officer (2/22/19)
- GF board approves community service learning plan (2/19/19)
- GF senior named National Merit Finalist (2/19/19)
- Books in Bloom returns Sunday, May 19 (2/19/19)
- Health department issues public health advisory on cannabis (2/19/19)
- Good Citizens (2/19/19)
- Out with the old: GF council accepts bid for demolition of old city hall (2/15/19)
- State court ruling raises questions about Eureka ordinance (2/15/19)
- Regional-bound (2/15/19)
- ES council requests workshop to discuss code enforcement (2/15/19)
- Highlanders shake off slow start, beat Cotter (2/15/19)
- Flippin rallies to nip Lady Highlanders (2/15/19)
- Alpena advances to district semifinal (2/15/19)
- Bobcats fall short in tournament (2/12/19)
- Valley Springs girls rally past Green Forest (2/12/19)
- Free throws lift Marshall over Green Forest (2/12/19)
Local teams chasing glory (2/19/19)There’s never much of a slow time for high school sports — at least during the school year. But this is an especially busy, and important, time of the year for Carroll County teams. Three Carroll County teams will be competing in regional basketball tournaments this week, and the Berryville High School wrestling team will try to bring home a state championship this weekend in Little Rock...
Big break (2/19/19)A few months ago, I wrote a column about falling — specifically, how good I am at it. I’ve fallen downstairs, upstairs, off moving vehicles, into ditches and more. My repertoire is extensive. Despite all this falling, I had never broken a major bone before. ...
Amazing Grace (2/15/19)Who doesn’t like the song, “Amazing Grace?” If there is a person that doesn’t love a good rendition of this classical gospel tune, I have not found him yet. I travel a lot with my job, so my radio stays on about three different stations. Most of the time, I love my gospel tunes and I drive down the highway singing along, thinking that I sound just as good as Alan Jackson, so please don’t tell me anything different!...
Dean Stanphill (2/11/19)DEAN STANPHILL (FEBRUARY 8, 1938 - FEBRUARY 2, 2019) Wilburn Dean Stanphill, age 80 years, was...
- Perry Zeller (2/11/19)Perry B. Zeller, beloved husband of Betty Zeller. Beloved son of the late Robert J. and Joyce A....
- John Rash (2/11/19)JOHN KEITH RASH, of Branson, Missouri, was born on December 8, 1960 in Asheville, North Carolina,...
- John Tattershall (2/6/19)JOHN ARTHUR TATTERSHALL, of Alpena, Arkansas, was born August 17, 1939 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to...
Help WantedWANTED: A fill in receptionist needed at Alpena City Hall. Apply at Alpena City Hall between 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Kwik Kar taking applications. No phone calls. Apply in person at 602 W. Trimble, Berryville, Arkansas.
City Real EstateMINOR FIXER-UPPER needs paint & floor covering, 4-bedroom, 3-full bath approximately 1800 sq ft, large fenced yard, large storage building, newer neighborhood, built in 2013. Asking $136,000 value $170,000. Call 479-244-7392.
Help WantedTANNER PIPE & STEEL looking for a Yard Laborer. Please apply in person at 7748 Limestone Drive, Harrison, AR 870-741-7258.