More drama for sheriff: Embattled Mayfield fires chief deputy1Carroll County Sheriff Randy Mayfield fired Chief Deputy Maj. George Frye on Monday, Frye confirmed. “I have been terminated, and I’m reviewing my options,” Frye said. Mayfield did not return...
Carroll County veterans reflect on serviceEditor’s note: This is the first in a three-part series on the veterans of Carroll County. World War II veteran Rocky Whiteley will never forget that frigid, windy night over Alaska. He and Captain...
- Eureka Springs man killed in accident (11/9/18)
- GF students set fundraising goal for Disney’s Youth Education Series (11/6/18)
- State Champ! (11/6/18)
- Patterson receives 4-H Congress Scholarship (11/6/18)
- 2018 Election Results (11/6/18)
- Stolen valor? Local veteran accused of lying about Vietnam service (11/2/18)
- Richie resigns as JP (11/2/18)
- BV’s Howerton honored as ‘Future Man of Distinction’ (11/2/18)
- Senior center to host veterans celebration Friday, Nov. 9 (11/2/18)
- Ribbon cutting (11/2/18)
- Hilton rewards: Green Forest senior wins state cross country crown (11/9/18)
- Lady Bobcats embrace big expectations (11/9/18)
- Junior high teams finish season with victories (11/9/18)
- Junior high football: Strong running attack powers Berryville (11/2/18)
- Something to build on: GF finds positives in loss to Pea Ridge (11/2/18)
- Getting closer: Bobcats stand toe-to-toe with conference heavyweight Prairie Grove (11/2/18)
‘Un-Officials’ Save the Day (11/2/18)When Reese Harrison arrived at his dental office in Lynn Haven, Fla., the day after Hurricane Michael made landfall, the devastation was beyond imagination. Dr. Harrison’s building was intact, but his neighborhood looked like it had been carpet-bombed...
News isn’t always pretty (10/30/18)Last week, I received an email from a gentleman in Green Forest. He explains that he is canceling his subscription to the Carroll County News because he believes it “has lost its focus on real news for the county and its readers.” He goes on to refer to our recent coverage of an incident involving Carroll County Sheriff Randy Mayfield and District 3 Justice of the Peace Lamont Richie. ...
Get out of town! (10/30/18)I’m a firm believer in the power of a good vacation. Taking time off can help you clear your head, try yummy new food and see places you’ve always dreamed of. Last week, I did just that. Leaving Gideon and the kitties behind, I took off on a road trip with one of my oldest friends, Kasey...
An open request (11/6/18)To Whom It May Concern This is an open request to my elected officials of Carroll County to do the right thing and act upon serving per written request for Randy Mayfield to surrender his resignation and officiating capacity as Sheriff, following...
Friends dedicated to helping library (10/30/18)Dear Editor, I have great news for all those who love Berryville: The Friends of the Berryville Library is back! In May 2017, the Friends of the Library was reorganized after being inactive for over 20 years. Since then, we have grown to over 80...
Judy Kropf (11/8/18)Judy Rose (Baker) Kropf, daughter of Harley and Esther Baker, was born on February 27, 1940 at...
- Ellis Norris (11/6/18)ELLIS LOWELL NORRIS, a resident of Springdale, Arkansas was born October 1, 1938, in Kingston,...
- Capitola Pyatt (11/6/18)Capitola Irene (Edmondson) Pyatt of Eureka Springs, born February 16, 1920, in Grandview to Charlie...
- Ruthie Birchfield (10/31/18)RUTHIE MAY BIRCHFIELD, of Eureka Springs, Arkansas was born March 28, 1942 in Eureka Springs to...
Farm Land RentalHOLIDAY ISLAND LOT, lake view, great home site, gentle slope, on paved road. Lot #115-3-13. Appraised in 2017 at $20,000. On Deer Run Drive. Accepting offers. Call 253-208-1445.
Business for SaleBUSINESS FOR SALE... Custom Frame and Art Gallery located in Holiday Island, AR. Six year established business, complete frame shop and inventory for sale due to pending retirement. Willing to train new owners. Call 479-363-6104.
Apartments - UnfurnishedNUNEZ LANE Apartments, Berryville. No pets, HUD approved. 1-bedroom, $425./month; and 2-bedroom, $525./month, $300./deposit. 870-350-6186 .
Mobile Home Lots RentalRENT SPACES Osage Mobile Home Park between Berryville/ Eureka Springs, Country view, water, sewer/trash included. 870-423-6690.