Building on Success: Jeremiah House hopes to expand in countyThe Jeremiah Recovery House in Green Forest is hoping to build new homes in Berryville and Eureka Springs to help more women construct a new path for their lives. “We’re still at the very beginning...
Christmas Gifts GaloreAt Christmas Gifts Galore, Paper Decor & More by Mary-Esther Bizzell won first place for the gift booth displaying the best spirit of Christmas.
- Under construction: BV board to solicit bids for site work on sports complex (11/21/17)
- Saturday marriage licenses to go on (11/21/17)
- ES board approves bonuses of $1,200 (11/21/17)
- 4-H Teen Leadership Club presents quilts to DHS (11/21/17)
- Kjelgaard wins 2018 Governor’s Arts Award (11/21/17)
- Student of the Month (11/21/17)
- Ribbon cutting (11/21/17)
- Library Bake Sale (11/21/17)
- Share the Lovies (11/21/17)
- Rising rates: GF council takes 1st step to increasing water, sewer bills (11/17/17)
- Defense wins game for BobcatsOffense is what helped get Berryville out to a 2-0 start on the season, but it was defense that won the game Friday night, as Berryville defeated Eureka Springs, 46-28 at Bobcat Arena. "I was very proud of the way we played defensively," Berryville coach Brent Compton said. "It was the best we have played defensively all season. Coming into the season, defense was the one aspect of this team I was concerned about, but Friday night they took a step forward, defended and played extremely well."...
- GF's Farrar, Phillips combine for 50 points in victory (11/22/17)
- Aynes proud of Bobcats despite loss (11/22/17)
- Shott optimistic about the future (11/21/17)
- Bobcats open season by beating district opponents (11/21/17)
- Magazine gives ES 2nd consecutive loss (11/21/17)
- Berryville excited for 2017-18 wrestling season (11/21/17)
Feeling thankful (11/21/17)For the most part, this past year has been stressful and tiring. Gideon kicked off his second semester of graduate school in the fall, and he’s been working with the teachers at Eureka Springs High School to fulfill a requirement for his master’s program. That means he works his regular full-time job, goes to the school and returns home to complete assignments before the cycle starts all over again...
Untamed (11/17/17)A minister pulled from his mailbox an envelope with no return address containing an incendiary piece of “hate mail.” It was from a parishioner who catalogued all the pastor’s mistakes; demeaned his family; compared him to other great pastors that had gone before him, and took issue with most every sermon he had ever preached...
Embrace the LGBT community (11/14/17)Like many of you, I grew up in a small Arkansas town where everybody knew everything about you. That made it difficult for those in the LGBT community to express who they were. If they were lucky, they could hide it. Most of them weren’t that lucky...
Thank you, Eureka! (11/21/17)Once again the people of the Eureka area have shown their generosity, and the shelves of our local food bank, the Flint Street Fellowship are filled. Local Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts hit the streets, went door to door, house to house, driveway to...
Register and vote (10/17/17)I am a newcomer to being active in politics. Until 2016 I did nothing more than vote in the general elections. Since last year I have made it my business to help people with voter registration and work at the polls. There are reasons that some...
- Penny Boothe (11/20/17)PENNY KAY BOOTHE, of Berryville, Arkansas born January 22, 1960 in Cassville, Missouri, daughter of...
- Evelene Loftin (11/20/17)Evelene (Swofford) Loftin was born October 7, 1934, in Berryville, Arkansas, youngest daughter of...
- Nona Sooter (11/20/17)NONA ELLEN SOOTER, lifelong resident of Berryville was born February 11, 1922 near Oak Grove,...
- Sharon Hird (11/20/17)Sharon Sue Hird, 72, of Green Forest, AR passed away Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at her home, with...
GeneralESTATE SALE: 20 Owen St., Eureka Springs. Saturday & Sunday, November 25th & 26th. Entire house full, new & antiques! 9am-4pm
Help WantedDENTAL OFFICE Receptionist , applicant will be responsible for greeting and checking in/out patients, verifying insurance, receiving payments & scheduling appointments. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help WantedSAINT VINCENT DePaul Thrift Store is looking to fill a part time position in our receiving department. Please stop by the store for more information on the days and hours available.
Apartments - UnfurnishedSMALL ONE person kitchenette, clean, quiet area, furnished, utilities paid, 2 miles east of Berryville, deposit required. Call 870-423-2307.