Blown over: High-speed winds cause power outages in countyCarroll County continues to be rocked by high-speed winds, causing power outages throughout the area.
Home and Garden Show: More than 600 attend inaugural eventMore than 600 people attended the first-ever Carroll County Home and Garden Show at the Berryville Community Center (BCC) on Saturday, March 9.
- Connect 4: Board considers random drug-testing for program (3/19/19)
- Local Learning: Northark offers local programs in information technology (3/19/19)
- Food City to offer location for trucks (3/19/19)
- JP proposes sales tax to pay for communication upgrade (3/19/19)
- Science Fair winners announced (3/19/19)
- Carroll County FSA issues more than $1.8 million in grazing loss payments (3/19/19)
- Highway commission approves bids for work in Carroll County (3/19/19)
- Nominations underway for ‘Volunteer of the Year’ (3/19/19)
- Elks Essay Winners (3/19/19)
- Local students honored at UA (3/19/19)
- Lady Tigers shine: Bell's high-point performance leads GF to Tyson Relays titleIt’s shaping up to be a big year for the Green Forest girls track and field team, and last week’s Tyson Relays offered no evidence to the contrary. Led by a high-point performance from senior Kassidy Bell, the Lady Tigers won the team title on their home track over nine other teams including Springdale and Harrison.
- Big inning helps Bobcats beat Tigers in county rivalry (3/19/19)
- Conference win, Rivett's HRs highlight busy stretch for Lady Bobcats (3/19/19)
- Five from Carroll County earn all-state basketball honors (3/15/19)
- College football-bound (3/15/19)
- Tigers rally to tie Bobcats (3/15/19)
- Elkins hands Lady Bobcats 1st loss (3/15/19)
Adventures in doing nothing (3/19/19)This past weekend was a big deal in Eureka Springs, with the super-popular St. Patty’s Day Parade rolling through downtown. I heard it was the busiest weekend we’ve had in a while. People filled Basin Spring Park, the sidewalk and all the balconies that line Spring Street. It was surely a sight to behold...
Take the occasional roller-coaster ride (3/15/19)God doesn’t promise us that we will not go through difficult times and that if you follow Him, your life will be perfect, problem-free, and every day will be a bed of roses. So many people were critical of my choices after I lost everything and it could be argued rightfully so...
Vaccinate your children! (3/12/19)Earlier this week, I stumbled across a post on social media that astounded me. A former Bachelor contestant turned Instagram influencer shared a story saying her daughter’s pediatrician supports all parenting decisions, whether that’s to vaccinate, selectively vaccinate or not vaccinate at all. She said her daughter would only receive “absolutely necessary” vaccinations...
Big thanks from Learning Center (3/19/19)Dear Editor, The Learning Center of North Arkansas would like to send out a Special Thank You to the communities in North Arkansas who have supported our adult athletes. Friday March 8, 2019 was our 9th Annual Red and Purple Basketball Tournament. ...
Vigil takeover (3/5/19)I speak for a lot of people who were upset at the Candlelight Vigil this past Wednesday. The Candlelight Vigil was organized by a student who knew and was close to the boys that were killed. She volunteered to have a STUDENT-led Candlelight service...
- Johnny Boothe (3/22/19)JOHNNY BOOTHE, of Berryville, Arkansas was born May 13, 1949, in Pointe Lookout, Missouri, to Doy...
- Jimmy Allred (3/21/19)Jimmy R. Allred, Sr 80 of Springdale, AR passed away Tuesday, March 19, 2019 in Springdale. He was...
Eunice Smith (3/20/19)EUNICE J. SMITH, a lifelong resident of Berryville, Arkansas, was born September 26, 1925, in...
- Joy Johnson (3/20/19)JOY MADELINE JOHNSON, of Berryville, Arkansas, was born on May 8, 1930 in Grandview, Arkansas,...
City Real EstateMINOR FIXER-UPPER needs paint & floor covering, 4-bedroom, 3-full bath approximately 1800 sq ft, large fenced yard, large storage building, newer neighborhood, built in 2013. Asking $136,000 value $170,000. Call 479-244-7392.
Help WantedGOOD SHEPHERD HUMANE SOCIETY is hiring for the following position, full-time dog tech. Apply in person at the shelter, 6486 Hwy 62.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Kwik Kar taking applications. No phone calls. Apply in person at 602 W. Trimble, Berryville, Arkansas.
Houses for Rent2-BEDROOM, 1-BATH, all newly remodeled, less than 1-mile from Tyson's in Green Forest. No pets. $500/rent $300/deposit. Call 479-789-4345.