GF man held on $100,000 cash-only bond after alleged threats against judgeA Green Forest man is being held in the Carroll County Detention Center on a $100,000 cash-only bond after allegedly making threats against Carroll County Circuit Judge Scott Jackson.
Community prayerMore than 150 people gathered on Sunday, Aug. 11, to walk the Green Forest School District grounds and pray for the entire school year for the students, parents, teachers, administrators and staff of...
- ES council ponders standards for entertainment district; would allow public drinking (8/20/19)
- Eureka Springs board agrees to hire construction manager (8/20/19)
- Samaritan’s Feet: Shoe giveaway reaches more than 250 in need (8/16/19)
- Chicken Hop: Community flocks to help fund new Berryville library (8/16/19)
- Newest mural on display in downtown Berryville (8/16/19)
- Womack visits county (8/16/19)
- Pet of the Week: Benny (8/16/19)
- Filed for bankruptcy twice: No cause for concern, incoming CAPC director says (8/13/19)
- Afternoon accident (8/13/19)
- Berryville council raises water rates outside city limits (8/13/19)
Let's play ball (8/16/19)Carroll County students will be heading back to school this weekend, and while some of them may not be happy about it, I sure am. Covering our local schools is a priority for both of our newspapers — the Carroll County News and the Lovely County Citizen. We’ve made it a priority because we believe it’s important, and because we know folks want to read about their children’s accomplishments...
First day of school (8/16/19)Despite the unbearable heat, this week marks the end of summer break for our students, teachers and school administrators. Some kids are experiencing their very first day of school and all the excitement and fear that comes with that. My husband Gideon has something in common with those kids...
Hoping for change (8/9/19)Another day, another mass shooting. Scratch that. Another day, another couple of mass shootings. This past Saturday, a man wrote a racist, anti-Hispanic manifesto before opening fire at Walmart in El Paso, Texas. More than 24 people were injured and at least 20 people were killed in the shooting. Less than 24 hours later, a gunman murdered nine people and injured 27 others in a popular nightlife district in downtown Dayton, Ohio...
Librarian inspired students (8/9/19)At the end of the school year, Karen Johnson resigned as librarian at Eureka Springs Elementary. She’ll leave some very big shoes to fill. When I worked for Carroll County Newspapers in the late 1990s, we had the luxury of spending more time...
Bravo for Green Forest schools (8/2/19)Kudos to Superintendent Matt Summers and the Green Forest Public School System for fully honoring the “free” in Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE). While Public Law 94-142, passed in 1975, established FAPE to ensure that children with...
- Carl Langley (8/22/19)Carl Leon Langley, 90, departed this life August 17, 2019, at his home in Berryville, Arkansas. He...
- Nicholas Walker (8/22/19)Nicholas Sky Walker of Holiday Island, Arkansas, was born August 23, 1996, in Berryville, Arkansas...
Ethel Rogers (8/21/19)Ethel Leta Rogers of Berryville, Arkansas, was born November 5, 1945, in Pascal, Washington,...
- Tommy Stephens (8/14/19)Tommy Doyle Stephens age 68 of Alpena Arkansas passed away in his home August 12, 2019. He was born...
Help WantedPART-TIME HOUSEKEEPER needed at the Ozark Natural Science Center, located down 3 miles of rough dirt road. Requirements; 2 years experience in customer service environment that requires a very clean atmosphere. Must pass background check. We will be accepting resumes with at least 3 professional references until 9/6/19. Mail resumes addressed to Loretta Crow, 1905 Madison 1305 Huntsville, Ar 72740 or email to loretta@onsc.
Help WantedTHE CATHOUSE in Eureka Springs now hiring experienced cooks & servers. Apply at 82 Armstrong Street. NO phone calls please.
City Real EstateOWN A little log cabin in the Ozark Mountains. 3/4 miles to Eureka Springs. 3-Cabins available. $99,500-159k. redbudvalley.com 479-253-2112 or 918-645-2384
Help WantedEUREKA SPRINGS District Court is accepting applications for the position of Chief Clerk. Applicants must have computer and accounting skills, be detail oriented, and be able to effectively deal with people. Applications may be picked up at the courthouse at 44 S. Main in Eureka Springs Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00.