HI Rotary tours Connect 4The Holiday Island Rotary Club recently toured the Connect 4 facility in Berryville. The club viewed equipment provided by local industry and was given an explanation of the facility’s activities. ...
County officials presented with environmental awardsCarroll County Judge Sam Barr, Carroll County Solid Waste Authority director Phil Jackson and maintenance supervisor Corey Spain of the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office were presented with...
- Project Prevention: Students try to stamp out smoking at BV schools (2/12/19)
- C4 board explores internships for students (2/12/19)
- GF, BV musicians qualify for All-State Music Conference (2/12/19)
- Local students earn diplomas from ASU (2/12/19)
- Hudgens makes Dean’s List at University of Dallas (2/12/19)
- Armer named to Missouri State dean’s list (2/12/19)
- Moving forward: Judge sets June hearing date in suit over $18 fee (2/8/19)
- Job fair is result of joint effort (2/8/19)
- City to handle construction on soccer concessions building (2/8/19)
- New building development coming to Green Forest (2/8/19)
- Bobcats fall short in tournamentThe Berryville Bobcats’ 2018-19 basketball season came to an end with a 65-54 loss to Gentry on Monday night in the first round of the 4A-1 conference tournament at Harrison. Berryville (9-18) whittled a seven-point halftime deficit to a single point at 47-46 when freshman Weston Teague made two free throws with less than a minute remaining in the third quarter...
- Valley Springs girls rally past Green Forest (2/12/19)
- Free throws lift Marshall over Green Forest (2/12/19)
- Eureka Springs teams tip off in 2A-1 tournament (2/12/19)
- Senior Night: Lady Bobcats win home finale, look toward playoffs (2/12/19)
- Conference champs: Highlanders ride 14-game winning streak into postseason (2/8/19)
- Conference champs: Rookie coach leads Lady Highlanders to 2A-1 title (2/8/19)
Taxes, more or less (2/12/19)Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, as promised, on Monday revealed the details of a $300 million highway plan that would be funded through a variety of tax increases. The governor’s plan calls for permanently extending the state’s half-cent sales tax, increasing fuel taxes by three cents a gallon for gasoline and six cents a gallon on diesel, increasing registration fees on hybrid and electric vehicles and dedicating casino tax revenue to highways...
Life Is Precious (2/8/19)One early morning around 2 am, while parked in a rough area of town working as a police officer, I sat in the passenger seat nearly asleep. My training officer was at the wheel and I heard him yell loudly and jump from the car with his weapon drawn. ...
Still Super (2/5/19)“Why’s everyone so down on the Super Bowl?” our associate editor Samantha Jones asked me on Monday. “Was it bad?” Well, no, it wasn’t bad. It’s the Super Bowl. It can’t be bad. But it wasn’t great. In case you missed it, the New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Ram 13-3 in the big game on Sunday. ...
Dean Stanphill (2/11/19)DEAN STANPHILL (FEBRUARY 8, 1938 - FEBRUARY 2, 2019) Wilburn Dean Stanphill, age 80 years, was...
- Perry Zeller (2/11/19)Perry B. Zeller, beloved husband of Betty Zeller. Beloved son of the late Robert J. and Joyce A....
- John Rash (2/11/19)JOHN KEITH RASH, of Branson, Missouri, was born on December 8, 1960 in Asheville, North Carolina,...
- John Tattershall (2/6/19)JOHN ARTHUR TATTERSHALL, of Alpena, Arkansas, was born August 17, 1939 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to...
Help WantedWANTED: A fill in receptionist needed at Alpena City Hall. Apply at Alpena City Hall between 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Kwik Kar taking applications. No phone calls. Apply in person at 602 W. Trimble, Berryville, Arkansas.
City Real EstateMINOR FIXER-UPPER needs paint & floor covering, 4-bedroom, 3-full bath approximately 1800 sq ft, large fenced yard, large storage building, newer neighborhood, built in 2013. Asking $136,000 value $170,000. Call 479-244-7392.
Help WantedTANNER PIPE & STEEL looking for a Yard Laborer. Please apply in person at 7748 Limestone Drive, Harrison, AR 870-741-7258.