No injuries reported: Area firefighters work together to battle Eureka Springs blazesA fire at Green Tree Lodge RV Park completely destroyed the structure and skipped over Highway 62 to start another fire across the road, but no one was injured in either blaze.
Green Forest teacher wins $500 in Arvest campaignKristy Youngblood, a fifth-grade math teacher at Green Forest Intermediate School, was one of the 160 recipients of a $500 award from Arvest Bank’s “We Love Teachers” campaign.
- County's COVID-19 cases increase by 130 in past week, 168 now active (11/24/20)
- County offices closed to public (11/24/20)
- Berryville School Board agrees to pivot to virtual learning on Fridays (11/24/20)
- CAPC approves 2021 budget without executive session (11/24/20)
- Pet of the Week: Rocket (11/24/20)
- Miracle on Spring Street challenge helps raise funds for new library (11/24/20)1
- Fair association plans annual meeting Dec. 3 (11/24/20)
- Carroll County Community Foundation celebrates National Philanthropy Day (11/24/20)
- Hospital commission OKs attorney to negotiate settlement with Alliance (11/24/20)
- Hospital commission asks retiring CFO to extend contract (11/24/20)
So many blessings (11/24/20)I’m facing a bit of a dilemma as I start this column. I need to write, again, about Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s inept response to the COVID-19 pandemic. I gave the governor a pass last week when I instead wrote about the improvement of the University of Arkansas football team...
Bittersweet thanks (11/24/20)This past weekend, Gideon and I made some tough decisions. We canceled our Thanksgiving plans with friends, opting to celebrate the holiday just the two of us. Then during a talk with my mom, I decided to cancel Christmas, too. To put it eloquently, this sucks...
Hogs are convincing, even in loss (11/17/20)If I needed any more convincing about the improvement in the University of Arkansas football program, I saw all I needed to see Saturday night. Wait a minute, you’re probably saying to yourself right about now: The Razorbacks were beaten by four touchdowns, losing to the Florida 63-35...
Thank you, Eureka (11/17/20)Every year, the people of the Eureka Springs area open up and show their generosity to the needy of those around us by helping the scouts bring in the food and filling up the shelves of our local food bank, the Flint Street Fellowship. This year was...
Thanks to officers (11/17/20)I would once again like to take this opportunity to thank two special Green Forest police officers for their help on the night of Nov. 10. After fighting the leaf fire my yard man started that afternoon and he left thinking it was out; the wind...
- Frank Reuter (11/30/20)Frank Reuter loved to learn. He was a scholar of Old English and an editor of modern English,...
Bonnie York (11/30/20)Bonnie Faye York, known by all as Granny, passed away at her home surrounded by loved ones at the...
Cary McDaniel (11/30/20)She was preceded in death by her parents and Kent Lawrence, who Cary considered a soulmate. She is...
Ruth Lindley (11/30/20)Ruth Ann Lindley of Green Forest, Arkansas was born June 13, 1937 in Senatobia, Mississippi to...
WantedPAYING CASH for gold, silver, jewelry, coins, costume jewelry, watches. Vintage Jewelry 82 Spring St, Eureka Springs. 479-253-5022, Thursday-Sunday 10:00 to 5:00.
MiscellaneousNIKON TELEPHOTO LENSE. Model AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II model. Slightly used. Asking $1295. CCN 870-423-6636.
MiscellaneousNORTEL CICS Phone System, supports 4-phone lines and up to 16 extensions, software release 7.1, No caller ID, includes 4-T7316 phones with CP-100 Rel 3.1 Voice Mail. Asking $800, for more information contact Bob Moore at Carroll County News. 870-423-6636 ext. 25.
Miscellaneous3-D ROOFING - Composition roofs up to 8/12 pitch, layovers & tear offs. Free Estimates. If you need roof repair or new roof on your house, please call Don at 870-805-5730.