Klatt avoids runoff to win sheriff’s raceDaniel Klatt will be the next Carroll County sheriff, while Sara Huffman will be the county’s next circuit clerk and Krista Burnett will be the new county tax collector.
Polls open until 7:30 todayPolls will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at six vote centers in Carroll County for the 2022 preferential primary on Tuesday, May 24. Voters can choose to cast their ballots in either the...
- Preferential Primary: Polls open across county on May 24 (5/17/22)
- New BHS grad dies in Sunday accident (5/17/22)
- Ballinger’s Ag Days debt still unpaid, source says (5/17/22)
- 5 hurt in accident at Green Forest Tyson plant (5/17/22)
- Eureka Springs council authorizes mayor to amend solid-waste contract (5/17/22)
- Connect 4 Signing Day (5/17/22)
- County’s active case count continues to tick upward (5/17/22)
- BV Community Center marks 20th anniversary (5/17/22)
- Storywalk to benefit Berryville library set June 4 (5/17/22)
- Food bank donation (5/17/22)
- Pet of the Week: Echo (5/17/22)
- Berry contacted auditors about Johnson (5/17/22)
Old nemesis ends Lady Tigers’ title bidOdds are good that Harding Academy’s girls soccer team will be competing in Class 4A next season. They won’t be missed in Green Forest. For the second consecutive season, Harding Academy spoiled...
Tigers eager to defend their crown; Rematch looms in semifinal roundThe 2022 soccer season has been about one thing for the Green Forest Tigers: getting back to the Class 3A state tournament and defending the state championship they won a year ago. On Thursday, the...
Ballinger’s real record (5/17/22)Bob Ballinger will tell you, if you’ll listen and not ask any pesky questions, that the focus on his candidacy for the District 28 seat in the Arkansas State Senate should be on his “record.” He’ll also tell you that he’s finally paid his debt for three years of advertising in the Ag Days program,...
Just another day (5/10/22)For most people, Sunday was Mother’s Day. For me, it was just another day. There was no breakfast buffet, no presents to give, no social media posts to share. My grandmother died years ago, and my wife, the mother of my two stepdaughters, died in 2016. My mother died on October 15, 2020, after...
Congrats to our colleagues (5/10/22)I make no secret of the fact that I believe in journalism that is aggressive, objective and accurate, in ascending order of importance. That’s the kind of journalism we strive to practice at Carroll County Newspapers. Sometimes that makes us unpopular in some circles, and that’s OK. ...
My mother, my hero (5/3/22)Dear Readers: This column was originally published on May 9, 2017. It is one of my favorites and I share it again today in memory of my mom...
- Mary McBryde (5/18/22)Mary Ann McBryde of Huntsville, Arkansas was born September 11, 1947, in Arkadelphia, Arkansas to...
- Ruby Parks (5/18/22)Ruby Mae Parks, age 99, of Green Forest passed away Monday, May 9, 2022, at Harrison, AR She was...
- Loretta Mosher (5/17/22)Loretta Mosher passed on March 1st, 2022 due to complications from open heart surgery. Loretta is...
- Bobby Murphy (5/17/22)Bobby Murphy of Berryville, Arkansas was born January 18, 1946, in Dean, Arkansas to Noah and Rosie...
Help WantedATTENTION! Fireworks Tent Managers needed, GREAT PAY! June 10th-July 10th. Carroll County Area-Bilingual a plus. 417-846-3103 or 870-423-8489
Help WantedLOOKING FOR a part-time carpenter. Call 870-480-3567.
Help WantedA&M ROOFING is looking to hire carpenters and laborers. Hourly rate plus bonuses. Year round work. Carpentry skills a plus. Contact Daniel Alexander at 479-244-5434 or Dustin Alexander at 479-244-0335.
Help WantedEXPERIENCED LINE COOKS -- Starting pay $13 up to $15. Must have grill cook experience. Will discuss additional benefits after 90 days. Apply at the Rowdy Beaver, 417 W. Van Buren. Open daily at 11am.