Honoring Veterans: Berryville assemblies recognize military serviceBerryville schools held a pair of assemblies in honor of Veterans Day, with one event on Friday at the intermediate school and the second Monday at Berryville High School.
GF schools thank veteransThe Green Forest High School held an assembly on Veterans Day to honor those who have served.
- Eureka Springs School Menus, Nov. 18-22, 2019 (11/15/19)
- Green Forest School Menus, Nov. 18-22, 2019 (11/15/19)
- Berryville School Menus, Nov. 18-22, 2019 (11/15/19)
- Es parade soldiers on despite weather (11/15/19)
- Swofford seeks re-election as JP (11/15/19)
- Carroll County Super Bowl (11/15/19)
- Princess Ball (11/15/19)
- Auxiliary members attend district meeting (11/15/19)
- Pet of the week: Curry (11/15/19)
- SORT Training (11/15/19)
- Bobcats earn bragging rights in Carroll County Super BowlBy Scott Loftis CarrollCountyNews@cox-internet.com Heading into Friday night’s Carroll County Super Bowl, Green Forest coach Bobby Bishop was concerned about Berryville’s size and strength. As it turns out, those concerns were well-justified. Berryville dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and rolled to a muddy 42-14 victory over Green Forest at Tiger Stadium...
- Tigers finish 3rd in Class 3A cross country (11/15/19)
- Bobcats show fight in loss to Prairie Grove (11/8/19)
- Pea Ridge starts fast, but Tigers won’t quit (11/8/19)
- Seniors lead Lady Bobcats to successful season (11/8/19)
- Lady Bobcats reach Elite Eight: Berryville falls to defending champions (11/5/19)
- GF coach: 1st-round loss doesn’t spoil great season (11/5/19)
Who will replace Morris? (11/15/19)The University of Arkansas rightfully called an end to Chad Morris’ Reign of Error on Sunday, less than 24 hours after — just when you thought Razorback football couldn’t possibly get any worse — the Hogs were blown off the field by a Western Kentucky team that couldn’t beat Central Arkansas this season...
Social media situation (11/15/19)Like many of you, I have been on Facebook for years — nearly 10 years, to be exact. I joined the site during my junior year of high school and used the heck out of it for a pretty long time. Everyone likes to share what’s on their mind every now and then. Teenagers love to do that regularly. I was not an exception...
Freedom (11/8/19)Last week marked a major milestone for me. On Oct. 28, 2013, I broke up with my abusive ex-boyfriend for good. We were together for three and a half years. Those were some of the worst years of my life, but I didn’t realize it until the relationship ended...
Library grateful for Friends (10/18/19)Dear Editor, The Berryville Public Library gets by with a little help from our Friends … actually, we get by with a lot of help from our Friends! Re-established three years ago, our Friends of the Library group has raised nearly $30,000 to fund...
AC Addiction (9/27/19)I enjoy and often agree with editorials by Scott Loftis, but I must offer an alternative view to his “Fall Fantasies,” (Carroll County News, 9-17-2019). I believe the condition of “sweating … through spring and summer …waiting for the respite of...
- Charles Weston (11/14/19)Charles “Brub” Weston, was born May 28, 1961, in Eureka Springs, Arkansas to Charles Levon and...
- Zelda Lynch (11/13/19)Zelda Jane Lynch of Green Forest, Arkansas, was born April 12, 1931 in Rule, Arkansas, to Willie...
- Margie Stidham (11/13/19)Margie Lee Stidham of Berryville, Arkansas, was born May 2, 1937 in Bowlegs, Oklahoma to Joe and...
- Marvin Shepard (11/12/19)Marvin W. (Marv) Shepard died peacefully Monday, November 4, 2019 at Circle of Life Hospice, at...
Help WantedNOW HIRING- Red Bud Manor is interviewing for a housekeeping position. Competitive pay. 7-Kingshighway, Eureka Springs. Call 479-253-9649 or 501-680-3772.
City Real EstateOWN YOUR own little log cabin in the Ozark Mountains. 3/4 miles to Eureka Springs. 3-Cabins available. $99,500-159k. redbudvalley.com 479-253-2112 or 918-645-2384
Help WantedOZARK SOUTHERN STONE is looking for a full time, dependable, safety minded, hard working laborer. Heavy lifting is required. Send resume to email@example.com or come by the quarry at 151 Hobbit Lane, Eureka Springs.
Lost & FoundLOST, German Shepherd, neutered male, with grey and black collar, near Carter and Hailey. REWARD. 336-905-5925.