'A day of honor:' Carroll County veterans explain significance of Veterans DayHe didn’t serve in Vietnam, but Patrick Kirby returned from his service in Ethiopoa the same time other veterans were leaving Vietnam. Kirby said everyone in the airport assumed he had just gotten...
Local schools pay tribute to veteransCarroll County schools held special assemblies Friday, Nov. 9, and Monday, Nov. 12, to honor the 100th anniversary of Veterans Day and recognize local veterans for their service.
- Christmas Gifts Galore returns Saturday (11/16/18)
- Showing Respect (11/16/18)
- Small business center director visits Berryville (11/16/18)
- First Friday Coffee (11/16/18)
- Calligraphy Class (11/16/18)
- ‘The epitome of bureaucracy’: Support services frustrating, Carroll County veterans say (11/9/18)1
- BV council OKs salary of $26K for city attorney (11/9/18)
- County freshmen set goals at first Youth Leadership Academy session (11/9/18)
- Trivia scholarships (11/9/18)
- Thomas awarded UALR research grant (11/9/18)
Thank you, veterans (11/16/18)Each year, Carroll County Newspapers makes sure to have a presence at the Veterans Day ceremonies in our community. We cover school assemblies from Green Forest to Eureka Springs and citywide commemorations like the popular Veterans Day Parade and rifle salute in downtown Eureka Springs. We’ve done that since I started working here in 2014, but I wanted to learn even more about our local veterans this year...
Wrong men pay for sheriff's mistake (11/16/18)An elected official is caught on a recording using a homophobic slur to describe another elected official. It’s the kind of thing that might lead to a resignation or a firing. In Carroll County, it led to both, but the man whose actions caused the entire episode wasn’t the one who resigned or lost his job...
The Danger of Anger (11/9/18)“We all know things are bad — worse than bad, they’re crazy,” began the fictional Howard Beale in the film entitled, “Network.” An emotionally disturbed news anchor whose life had begun to unravel, Beale revitalizes his career by “articulating popular rage.”...
An open request (11/6/18)To Whom It May Concern This is an open request to my elected officials of Carroll County to do the right thing and act upon serving per written request for Randy Mayfield to surrender his resignation and officiating capacity as Sheriff, following...
Friends dedicated to helping library (10/30/18)Dear Editor, I have great news for all those who love Berryville: The Friends of the Berryville Library is back! In May 2017, the Friends of the Library was reorganized after being inactive for over 20 years. Since then, we have grown to over 80...
- Brad Barta (11/15/18)George Bradley Barta, at age 45, passed away on November 7, 2018, in Berryville, Arkansas. Brad...
- Myrna Chaney (11/15/18)Myrna Joyce Chaney of Berryville, AR passed away November 8, 2018 with her family by her side. She...
Judy Kropf (11/8/18)Judy Rose (Baker) Kropf, daughter of Harley and Esther Baker, was born on February 27, 1940 at...
- Ellis Norris (11/6/18)ELLIS LOWELL NORRIS, a resident of Springdale, Arkansas was born October 1, 1938, in Kingston,...
GeneralINSIDE & OUT! Furniture, angel collection, rugs, Christmas dishes, lots of misc.. 29 Burkimo Lane, Holiday Island. November 16th & 17th, 8am-3pm. Watch for signs!
Houses for RentFOR RENT: House on the Island, 2/3 bedroom, w/d hook-up. 1,000/month, 1,000/deposit. References, no pets. 479-244-0304 leave message or text.
Apartments - UnfurnishedSENIOR HOUSING 1 Bedroom, for seniors age 62 and up. Quiet neighborhoods, CH/CA, refrigerator, range, grab bars in bath. Water/Trash paid. Community Room/Laundry on site. Rent based on income. Call Berryville: 870-423-6860, 870-423-2156. Green Forest: 870-438-6558 or The Area Agency on Aging at 1-800-432-9721. Equal Opportunity Housing Developments.
Farm Land RentalHOLIDAY ISLAND LOT, lake view, great home site, gentle slope, on paved road. Lot #115-3-13. Appraised in 2017 at $20,000. On Deer Run Drive. Accepting offers. Call 253-208-1445.