- Faith News Briefs (12/14/18)
- $18 lawsuit update: Plaintiff's attorneys seek summary judgment (12/11/18)
- Community supports injured deputy (12/11/18)
- ES civic leaders get advice on parliamentary procedure (12/11/18)
- Student of the Month (12/11/18)
- Blood drive scheduled Dec. 20 at Mercy (12/11/18)
- Eureka Springs Farmers Market moves to winter hours (12/11/18)
- Pet of the Week: Ziggy (12/11/18)
- Rotary and Robotics (12/11/18)
- Passionate hikers (12/11/18)
- Lady Highlanders get 9th win, now 2-0 in conferenceBy Scott Loftis CarrollCountyNews@cox-internet.com The resurgence of girls basketball at Eureka Springs High School continues as the Lady Highlanders have won their first two conference games. A 45-37 victory over Flippin last Friday was the ninth of the season for Eureka Springs under first-year coach Ryan Sanchez. ...
- Big 2nd quarter boosts Lady Bobcats (12/11/18)
- Bobcats struggling with difficult schedule (12/11/18)
- Balanced attack boosts Alpena as Lady Leopards beat Deer (12/11/18)
- Doubling up: Lady Bobcats complete 2-game sweep of Blue Eye (12/7/18)
- Highlanders get adjusted, win conference opener (12/7/18)
- Wrestling season begins: Bobcats host dual match (12/7/18)
A lot to celebrate (12/14/18)While most people in Carroll County spent last weekend waiting for a snowstorm that never arrived, I was nearly 200 miles south, enjoying a weekend with family that combined an early Christmas celebration with a belated third birthday party for my youngest grandson...
That we might become what God is (12/7/18)A friend gave me a little book a few weeks with a startling title: “Sum: Forty Tales From The Afterlives,” written by neuroscientist David Eagleman. My first thought was that it was about people who had come back from the dead, as there is a whole genre of such books today...
Rewarding journey (12/4/18)This January marks my fifth anniversary with Gideon. It has been five years of growth, frustration and joy, with each year bringing a new challenge. He started graduate school in 2016, and we are almost done with that journey. That’s certainly the best thing to call it — no journey is complete without its detours, which we know all too well. ...
Emergency Medical Responders needed (12/11/18)To Whom it May Concern The Eastern Carroll County Ambulance Commission would like to provide Emergency Medical Responders in the areas currently not served by volunteer responders. An Emergency Medical Responder is a volunteer who provides immediate...
An open request (11/6/18)To Whom It May Concern This is an open request to my elected officials of Carroll County to do the right thing and act upon serving per written request for Randy Mayfield to surrender his resignation and officiating capacity as Sheriff, following...
Roger Alexander (12/12/18)Roger James Alexander formerly of Eureka Springs Arkansas died September 21, 2018 in Saint Luke's...
- Anna Tharp (12/12/18)Anna Lea Tharp, age 84, of Lampe, MO departed this life on Monday, December 10, 2018. She was born...
- Lacy Thornton (12/11/18)LACY ANN WOLFINBARGER THORNTON, of Eureka Springs, Arkansas was born July 16, 1993, in Berryville,...
- Jean Schwarz (12/6/18)JEAN SCHWARZ, of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, was born February 24, 1926, in Leesburg, Virginia to...
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: Fresh New Crop Beans. Pintos, Great Northern, Small Red Chiles, Black Beans, Small White & 16 Bean Soup Mix. Jim's New Crop Beans 870-480-6055.
Houses for RentHOLIDAY ISLAND RENTAL 3 bedroom, 2 bath Ranch style, dishwasher, stove and refrigerator. No garage. $750 per month rent. $750 deposit. First and last month upfront. Contact Kevin (479) 981-6050.
General1-DAY ESTATE SALE CLOSE OUT open to the public UP TO 90% OFF REMAINING ITEMS! Whole house liquidation! Furniture, Christmas, Fishing, Art, Collectables, Glassware, Crystal, Linens and more all must go! 9AM - 4PM Saturday only DEC 15! 3440 Mundell Rd, Eureka Springs off Dam Rd 187 near Starkey's Marina. Southern Magnolia Estate Sales of NWA 479-549-5477 or Facebook for more information.
Apartments - UnfurnishedSENIOR HOUSING 1 Bedroom, for seniors age 62 and up. Quiet neighborhoods, CH/CA, refrigerator, range, grab bars in bath. Water/Trash paid. Community Room/Laundry on site. Rent based on income. Call Berryville: 870-423-6860, 870-423-2156. Green Forest: 870-438-6558 or The Area Agency on Aging at 1-800-432-9721. Equal Opportunity Housing Developments.