Pandemic protocols: Berry urges city employees to get vaccineEureka Springs Mayor Butch Berry is encouraging all city employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine. In a letter dated April 26, Berry writes that the city is aware that active COVID-19 cases have...
Carroll County CruisersThe Carroll County Cruisers hosted their second Cruise In of the season on Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Hanna still in custody despite bond reduction (5/4/21)
- Hutchinson warns state residents against complacency on vaccines (5/4/21)
- Eureka Springs City Council discusses updated vision plan (5/4/21)
- Hearing centers on disputed CAPC vote (5/4/21)
- C4 Curriculum Discussion (5/4/21)
- City, school district to split fee for ballfield work in Green Forest (5/4/21)
- Pet of the Week: Tommy Boy (5/4/21)
- Eureka Springs Parks panel OKs proposal for geotechnical services (5/4/21)
- Headed for Retirement (5/4/21)
- Learning about Bikes (5/4/21)
- Track: Athletes qualify for state meetsSix Berryville High School athletes will compete in the Class 4A track and field state championships after qualifying at last week’s 4A-1 district meet. The Bobcats’ 4x800-meter relay team of Caden Nickell, Weston Teague, Jake Lopez and Newt Wiley finished second in the district meet with a time of 9:38.61, while Nickell took third place in the high jump at 5-8 and Tun Oo was third in shot put at 40-11.75...
- Soccer: First things first for state-bound Bobcats (5/4/21)
- Baseball: Tigers see season end (5/4/21)
- Soccer: Tigers add 2 more wins to undefeated season (5/4/21)
- Softball: Lincoln eliminates Green Forest (5/4/21)
- Soccer: Lady Tigers tune up for postseason (5/4/21)
- Baseball: Berryville rally falls short (5/4/21)
My mother, my hero (5/4/21)Sunday is Mother’s Day. For some of you readers, it will be a day to celebrate and honor your mothers by spending some time with them. There will be flowers, special meals and time spent together.
There’s no excuse for child abuse (5/4/21)Last Friday, Josh Duggar was charged with receiving and possessing material depicting the sexual abuse of children. Those of you who have been following the Duggar family were probably not that surprised, considering Josh’s previous transgressions. In 2015, a police report was released to the public describing how Josh molested several of his sisters and one girl outside of the family. ...
Sometimes, you have to take a shot (5/4/21)I keep three empty shotgun shell casings on my desk. For those who know me, that might seem a little strange, considering the fact that I’m not the first person anyone thinks of when discussing shooting sports. As one might expect, there’s a story behind those shells...
Clean up A.L. Carter Park (4/20/21)I am the parent of three kids who have spent countless hours on the A.L. Carter baseball and softball fields. I have worked concessions and raked fields myself at times. The disrepair that this park has fallen into is ridiculous. While the Bobcat...
An opportunity and a challenge (3/23/21)Editor’s Note: Chris Claybaker is the economic development director for the city of Berryville. Dear Community and Business Leaders: The pandemic has caused such havoc in all our lives. We’ve seen friends and neighbors get sick, and some have died....
- Robert Nolan McCall (5/7/21)Robert Nolan McCall of Berryville, Arkansas was born October 2, 1938 in Berryville to Bill and...
Valentine Wilber vonSeggern (5/4/21)Valentine “Val” Wilber vonSeggern of Berryville, Arkansas was born March 11, 1928 to Emil and...
- Ruth Eleanor Morrison (5/3/21)April 20, 2021 Ruth passed peacefully from this world, into the next holding her husband’s hand....
- Lou Archer (4/28/21)Lou Archer of Berryville, Arkansas was born June 27, 1937 in Cooke County, Texas to Howard and Opal...
WantedPAYING CASH for gold, silver, jewelry, coins, costume jewelry, watches. Vintage Jewelry 82 Spring St, Eureka Springs. 479-253-5022, Thursday-Sunday 10:00 to 5:00.
Help WantedDISABLED VETERAN looking for someone to help with yard, & garden. $15/hr 479-244-6526.
GeneralMISS HEATHER'S Spring Sale, May 6th beginning @ 5:00 pm, May 7th, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Located inside Oak Grove Community Building. Brand name clothing, all sizes. Nike, Under Armour, & men's Ariat jeans. Tons of ladies plus size clothing. Worth the drive. NO EARLY BIRDS!
GeneralYARD SALE: May 6&7, 8AM-6PM. AG dolls, Men's items, Kitchen, Wexford, Household, Name Brand Clothing, Lots of Misc. Priced to sell quickly! 194 CR 907, Green Forest. From Green Forest, take 103 South to Rule, follow signs.