From Berryville to Hollywood: Local native Chappell rides onto big screen in ‘The Kid’Berryville native Charlie “Wes” Chappell will be playing cowboy alongside actors Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Dane DeHaan and Vincent D’Onofrio in the upcoming biographical western “The Kid.”
No injuriesBerryville police officer Craig Hicks walks beside a tractor-trailer as he investigates an accident involving multiple vehicles Friday on the curve in front of the Dollar General store on Eureka...
- Eureka Green ranks 5th in region: Medical marijuana panel approves dispensary scores (1/11/19)
- GF council OKs budget, police raise (1/11/19)
- Community Foundation accepting online grant applications (1/11/19)
- ES council considers adding budget category for city clerk (1/11/19)
- Hospital commission allocates $50,000 to keep ER staffed (1/11/19)
- Calvary Christian announces honor roll (1/11/19)
- CCSO: Victim in creek was shot multiple times (1/8/19)
- Homecoming preparations (1/8/19)
- Hearing set in $18 fee lawsuit (1/8/19)
- Superintendents look ahead to growth, opportunities in spring semester (1/8/19)
- Bobcats dig too deep a hole in 1st half (1/11/19)
- Highlanders collect 20th win of season (1/11/19)
- Fourth-quarter lapse costly for Lady Tigers (1/11/19)
- Stone scores 38 as Leopards cruise to win (1/11/19)
- Back from break, Highlanders beat Dragons (1/11/19)
- Lady Bobcats dominate lane, top Lady Tigers (1/11/19)
Steadying the Ship (1/11/19)There is a long honored Zen story about a man riding a speeding horse. As horse and rider gallop dangerously close to a small group of travelers along the same road, a man nearly trampled calls out to the rider, “Where are you going in such a hurry?” The man on horseback desperately answers over his shoulder, “I don’t know! You will have to ask the horse!”...
Back to my roots (1/8/19)Like a lot of journalists, I began my career as a sportswriter. And I became a sportswriter because I couldn’t become a professional athlete. Like a lot of young boys then and today, I grew up dreaming about playing pro baseball or football. As the realization slowly dawned on me in my high school years that I wasn’t going to accomplish that dream, I moved in a new direction...
Don’t lose hope (1/8/19)Two weeks ago, Gideon and I left Carroll County to spend the holidays with my family in Texas. So much has changed since I was a little girl, but we still have Christmas dinner at Nana’s house. It used to be me, Mom, Nana, Uncle Doug and Papaw Jimmie...
- Shellie Trustin (1/15/19)Shellie Trustin, 41 of Eureka Springs died Monday, January 7, 2019 at her home. She was born...
Franklin Wicks Sr. (1/15/19)FRANKLIN D. WICKS, SR., a resident of Holiday Island, Arkansas, was born July 10, 1929, son of...
- Robert Maple (1/14/19)ROBERT JAMES MAPLE of Holiday Island, Arkansas was born on August 1, 1922 in Rochester, Indiana son...
- Janet Hein (1/14/19)Janet Hein was born Jan. 8, 1929 and died in Eureka Springs, Ark. on Jan. 4, 2019. She is survived...
MiscellaneousHOMETOWN CARPET CLEANING: Professional, Residential/Commercial Carpet Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Pet Odor Removal & Auto Detailing! 479-418-3406
Help WantedGREEN FOREST Library is hiring a full-time Community Outreach Specialist. This newly created position works to engage the Latino/Hispanic community across the county and to increase usage by Spanish speakers of all three county libraries. This person will plan and implement programs in Spanish and advise the library directors on how to enhance their Spanish language collections as well as perform routine duties at the Green Forest Library. The salary range for this position is...
MiscellaneousESTATE SALE Jan 15th thru Jan 18th, 9am to 4:30pm. On Saturday Jan 19th @ 10am we will have an auction to liquidate all remaining items. This is a nice lake home full of quality household furnishings. Includes furniture by Thomasville, Drexel, and Tropitone, mid century modern. Tools, Bernina sewing table, and much more! 28767 Fox Fire Lane, Shell Knob Mo. 417-559-1091. Some items available for pre-sale. WWW.azsalesmo.com
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Kwik Kar taking applications. No phone calls. Apply in person at 602 W. Trimble, Berryville, Arkansas.