Looking for tenants: ES Community Center opens new business centerWith the Eureka Springs Business Center opening to the public last week, the Eureka Springs Community Center has achieved a major goal toward self-sustainability.
BV native returns to practice medicineDr. Julia Horton-Bertrand came full circle when she returned home to join Mercy Clinic Family Medicine Ė Berryville. Her name may sound familiar for other reasons, as well. She will practice...
- Senior Center Menus, Sept. 22-30 (9/22/20)
- Election Day is Nov. 3: Voters have three options for casting ballots (9/22/20)
- Mayor announces fall pickup dates (9/22/20)
- Pet of the week: Nala (9/22/20)
- Detention Center Intake Log: Sept. 14-21 (9/22/20)
- Letter to the editor (9/22/20)
- ES council OKs ordinance removing restraints on exhibiting political signs (9/22/20)
- Lady Bobcats bounce back with pair of sweeps (9/22/20)
- Eureka Springs School Menus, Sept. 28 - Oct. 2, 2020 (9/21/20)
- Berryville School Menus, Sept. 28 - Oct. 2, 2020 (9/21/20)
Sad and angry (9/22/20)Iím saddened. And Iím angry. Iím saddened because a friend lost his father over the weekend to complications from COVID-19, while another friendís mother fights for life on a ventilator in a Missouri hospital. The friend who lost his dad Saturday night is a former reporter at the Pine Bluff newspaper, a law school graduate who spent some time working in the Middle East and pays close attention to international affairs. ...
Homebound (9/15/20)Iím writing this weekís column from my home office, something Iíll be doing for the next few weeks. Thatís because my husband, Gideon, has come down with something that looks an awful lot like COVID-19. I donít have any symptoms yet, or hopefully ever, but thereís no way to predict whatís going to happen a day, a week or a month from now...
Guest column: Voting in Arkansas 2020 (9/8/20)We need to think seriously about the election for state and local offices in addition to all of the current attention to the presidential candidates. A friend recently asked me when and how to see names of the candidates on the ballot for our county. ...
Save the HDC (9/15/20)This November on our ballot will be an initiative to dissolve the Historic District Commission. If this happens, we will lose millions in grants, we will lose our certified local government, along with Main Street standings, again millions in grants...
Road work is overdue (8/11/20)Open Letter to County Judge Sam Barr and County Road Foreman Jim Kelly:
- Wayne Williams (9/25/20)Wayne Marvin Williams of Berryville, Arkansas, was born February 26, 1934 in Berryville, Arkansas,...
- Neva Welch (9/22/20)Neva Margarette Welch of Lampe, Missouri, was born January 26, 1932, in Stone County, Missouri, to...
- Everett Henderson (9/21/20)Everett Lewis Henderson, age 62, of Berryville, Arkansas, passed away Wednesday, September 16, 2020...
- Alice Barker (9/17/20)Alice Faye Barker of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, was born October 12, 1925 in Coal Hill, Arkansas to...
Miscellaneous"COURAGE TO RUN" Celebrating Women in Politics Fundraiser: VIRTUAL 2-mile Fun Run/Walk. Oct 1-15th. Support: Suzie Bell, Celeste Williams, Harrie Farrow. Registration/info: wwwcarrollcountydemocrats.org, or our Facebook page, or call: 901-355-2395. Only $10 to VIRTUALLY run/walk, & 1st 50 registrants get FREE t-shirt.
Help WantedNOW HIRING Experienced Equipment Operators for work in Branson. Excellent pay based on experience. Also, hiring laborers with advancement possibilities. Contact 870-715-5036 or email@example.com
Help WantedEUREKA SPRINGS School District is seeking to hire a full-time bus route driver with immediate opening. Must have or be willing to obtain Class B school bus CDL with air brake endorsement. Classified application may be printed from eurekaspringsschools.k12.ar.us or picked up at the administration office. Send to 147 Greenwood Hollow Rd, Eureka Springs, AR 72632.
Help WantedMO-ARK DISPOSAL is looking for a dependable Class B CDL driver. Lifting required, must be able to pass background check, drug test; as well as insurance verification. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org