CBCO issues Code Yellow call for blood donations
Carroll County News
SPRINGDALE -- Community Blood Center of the Ozarks based in Springdale has issued a CODE YELLOW Alert for A Negative and O Negative blood types. There is less than a two-day supply of this type of blood on hospital shelves.
The public's donation is needed to help replenish the supply. It takes over 275 donations every day to meet the needs of the 38 area hospitals that use CBCO products. CBCO will be holding drives at the following locations this week:
* Bentonville -- 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, July 25, Northwest Medical Center Bentonville, 3000 Medical Center Parkway
* Berryville -- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 27, Mercy Hospital Berryville, 214 Carter
* Eureka Springs -- 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, July 24, Eureka Springs High School, 44 Kings Highway
* Eureka Springs -- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, July 25, Inn of the Ozarks, Hwy 62 West
* Huntsville -- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, July 27, Ducommun LaBarge Technologies, 403 Labarge Avenue
* Rogers -- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, July 23, Bradford Nursery, 1605 Prairie Drive
* Rogers -- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, July 27, Pinnacle Station Local Market, 2000 Promenade Boulevard
* Rogers -- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Sunday, July 29, Peace Lutheran Church, 805 West Olrich
Donations are also accepted at the Springdale Donor Center, 3503 S. Thompson, Monday -- Thursday 11 a.m. -- 6 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., or at CBCO's Bentonville Donor Center, 1400 SE Walton Blvd., Monday -- Thursday 11 a.m. -- 6 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. -- 2 p.m.
CBCO needs everyone's help to meet the growing need for blood in the Ozarks.
To be eligible to give, you must weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health and present required ID.
For more information about sharing your good health with others, visit www.cbco.org or call 1-800-280-5337.