Quorum Court to study hiring freeze at Friday meeting
CARROLL COUNTY -- The Quorum Court will meet at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 20.
The agenda will include the following items, along with some other transfers of funds within departments:
* A resolution requiring that all regular and special meetings of the Carroll County Quorum Court shall be recorded by both audio and video means;
* An ordinance imposing a hiring freeze in all departments of Carroll County;
* An appropriation ordinance amending the budget and appropriating the sum of $2,821.42 for legal costs related to the illegal exaction lawsuit.
* A supplemental appropriation ordinance appropriating additional monies to the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Central Dispatch and the detention center.
* A supplemental appropriation ordinance amending the budget and appropriating additional funds for courthouse maintenance.