Dispatch Desk: Eureka Police: March 29-April 4, 2021
A list of incident reports from the Eureka Springs Police Department:
• 9:03 a.m. — Officers responded to a local residence to take a report of someone getting into unlocked vehicles some time during the night.
• 4:43 p.m. — A nightly rental owner called to report a suspected fraud attempt. An officer collected information for the report.
• 10:08 p.m. — An officer responded to North Main to take a report on a broken windshield.
• 12:37 a.m. — Officers responded to a burglary alarm at a local business. The building was secure.
• 5:02 p.m. — An officer took a subject into custody and transported them to the jail for holding.
• 5:28 p.m. — A shop clerk reported a couple of transients, one white male and one white female, who were camping on the back side of the property and hanging around her vehicle after she got to work. She advised that they weren't given permission to camp on the property. An officer responded to the area and told the individuals to move on and not return.
• 8:05 p.m. — A hotel clerk reported a guest that received a dog bite by a white bulldog mix. Officers responded and made contact with the victim and the dog owner. EMS responded but did not transport anyone to the hospital. Animal control was called to place the dog in quarantine.
• 4:40 p.m. — An officer spoke with a subject and filed a report on harassment.
• 6:59 p.m. — An officer responded to a local motel and filed a report on theft.
• 7:25 p.m. — Officers responded for a reported missing 11-year-old, located the child and all was well.
• 8:13 p.m. — An officer responded to a reported suspicious vehicle, checked the area and did not locate anything.
• 12:08 a.m. — A subject was arrested during a traffic stop.
• 2:18 p.m. — An officer responded to East Van Buren and filed a report on a traffic accident.
• 2:29 p.m. — Officers responded to a report of a stolen bike, recovered the bike and returned it to its owner.
• 5:32 p.m. — An officer responded to Owen Street for a traffic problem, advised the vehicle was illegally parked and took no action.
• 8:17 p.m. — An officer responded to Lake Lucerne Road for a reported intoxicated person and a subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• 8:44 p.m. — An officer responded to the police department to take in a subject that turned themselves in on warrant.
• 8:46 p.m. — An officer filed a report on an accident.
• 9:28 p.m. — Officers responded to an accident and a subject was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
• 9:56 a.m. — Officers responded to Passion Play Road for an alarm and secured the area.
• 10:07 a.m. — Officers responded to Spring Street for an alarm, made contact with employees and all was fine.
• 12:57 p.m. — An officer responded to South Main for a reported parking issue, spoke to the owner of the vehicle and it was moved.
• 8:07 p.m. — A caller reported a subject walking in the traffic lane wearing black pants and a tan sweater who was staggering and almost got hit by a car. Officers responded to the area but could not locate the subject.
• 11:10 p.m. — A subject was arrested on warrant during a traffic stop.
• 1:36 p.m. — An officer responded to Singleton Street for a vehicle in a no parking area.
• 1:44 p.m. — An officer responded to the bike trails at Lake Leatherwood and found no parking issues.
• 3:59 p.m. — An officer responded to East Van Buren for an accident and filed a report.
• 5:53 p.m. — An officer responded to a local restaurant for theft and filed a report.
• 7:04 p.m. — An officer responded to Lake Leatherwood for reported loud music and did not locate anything.
• 7:53 p.m. — An officer responded to Hayes Avenue for a barking dog, made contact with the owners of the dog and all was quieted down.
• 10:07 p.m. — A caller complained about the music from a local hotel being too loud, officers responded to the hotel and discovered the music was shut down for the night.
• 6:49 a.m. — Officers responded to Highway 62 for a reported reckless driver.
• 8:15 a.m. — Officers responded to a residence to check on a vehicle that was left on private property and the vehicle was towed.
• 11:30 a.m. — Officers responded to the top of Owen Street to check on illegally parked vehicles.
• 2:32 p.m. — A caller requested a welfare check on a child at an apartment, concerned the child's mother was doing drugs. Officers made contact at the apartment, the child was OK and the mother didn't seem impaired.
• 3:08 p.m. — A caller reported a medium sized brown dog with a blue collar that was running around in the parking lot and hanging around a vehicle. Officers responded and collected the dog to be put in the kennel until its owner claimed it. The dog was returned to its owners.
• 3:29 p.m. — County dispatch advised of a complaint from a restaurant about an intoxicated subject in a white cowboy hat and a subject with green hair yelling and harassing their customers. Officers responded but could not locate the couple.
• 4:25 p.m. — A caller reported a vehicle parked in the red zone on Spring Street. An officer responded but the vehicle was no longer there.
• 5:27 p.m. — A subject reported her purse stolen from her vehicle and an officer took her statement for a report.
• 5:37 p.m. — A resident reported a subject in an old camper vehicle that had parked in an empty lot for sale and was setting out plants. An officer responded to the area, made contact with the subject and advised them of an ordinance against camping in the city except for designated areas. The subject moved to a designated area for the night.
• 7:37 p.m. — A caller reported two intoxicated subjects that refused to leave in a taxi. An officer made contact with the subjects and they agreed to take the taxi to their hotel but got progressively worse and EMS was called to check on their welfare. Both subjects were transported to the hospital after they advised they took medication with alcohol.
• 7:48 p.m. — A caller reported a subject stepping over the fog line to flag down a ride. An officer responded to the area but couldn't locate the subject.
• 9:27 p.m. — An ER nurse requested officers to assist with two intoxicated subjects that were brought in earlier and were being belligerent and uncooperative. Officers responded and a subject was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance.
• 10 p.m. — A subject was arrested on domestic violence charges and on outstanding warrants.
• 10:18 p.m. — A caller reported an altercation with an employee at a local business and an officer took their statement.