Chamber presents awards
The Greater Berryville Area Chamber of Commerce held its annual awards banquet Thursday night at the Berryville Community Center.
Longtime Arkansas high school football coach Tommy Tice was the featured speaker for the banquet, which had the theme of “Celebrating Success.”
Tice, who coached former University of Arkansas football star Brandon Burlsworth at Harrison High School, spoke on behalf of the Brandon Burlsworth Foundation.
The chamber presented several awards to businesses and individuals:
• The Business Beautification Award was presented to Hometown Scoop.
• The Noteworthy New Business Award was presented to Harter House Supermarket.
• The Youth Ambassador Award was presented to Jacey Howerton.
• The Business Excellence Award was presented to Carroll Electric Cooperative Corp.
• The Tom Earls Distinguished Ambassador Award was presented to Jo Ann Clark.
• Ken Wingate was presented an award for serving as president of the chamber’s board of directors from November 2018 until October 2019.Tyler Squires will assume duties as president of the chamber board for 2019-2020.
See more coverage, including photos, from the chamber banquet in Carroll County News Midweek on Tuesday, Oct. 15.