Doss is Republican candidate for Carroll County clerk
Connie T. Doss of Berryville has announced that she will be a Republican candidate for Carroll County Clerk.
Doss was unopposed in the May 22 preferential primary and will face incumbent Jamie Correia in the November general election. Correia defeated Deana Davidson in the May primary to win the Democratic Party nomination.
Doss is the wife of Barry Doss, and the couple has three children. In a news release announcing her candidacy, Doss describes herself as a “community volunteer, and a servant leader who looks to create an office atmosphere of trust, integrity and transparency.”
Doss has a bachelor’s degree in business and an associate’s degree in business administration. She is a newly commissioned Notary and has held an Arkansas real estate license.
“I have worked my whole adult life as a bookkeeper, business consultant and organizer,” Doss says in the news release. “I love elections and have worked county elections for a number of years as a poll worker, poll captain, troubleshooter and tabulator. I am a straight shooter and want to provide the very best that I have to offer to the residents of Carroll County on a daily basis through my skills and educational accomplishments.”
If she is elected as county clerk, Doss says she will increase efficiency in the clerk’s office by:
• Cross-training employees and creating a procedures manual;
• Ensuring that the clerk’s office has a bilingual employee “who can respond to the needs of many of the families who are now underserved due to language barriers;”
• Building a culture of trust and dignity;
• Making multimedia resources readily available and working cooperatively with other elected county leaders;
• and updating and streamlining office procedures “to reflect today’s accepted methods of management and technology.”
“The taxpayers of Carroll County deserve a clerk who puts them first and has the skills, background and education required to effectively and efficiently run the office and provide the best possible service,” Doss says in the news release.
Doss can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.