Special education para-professional MaHalie Armstrong, cafeteria worker Ralph McCormick, bus driver Ted Richter, and ESL teacher JoBeth Williams-Evans will join the staff for the upcoming school year.
The board also added 10 new teachers to the substitute list. Kerry Bishop, Shirley Drezenski, Beth Foster, Yvonne Kesler, Terri Curtis, Blair Johnson, Lajunta Plumlee, Latisha Smith, Tina Stockton, and Priscilla Smith will join the substitute staff this school year. Tracie Potempa and Reta Behrens were hired as cafeteria substitutes.
Also Monday, the board accepted the resignation of ESL teacher Tracy Ledesma and cafeteria worker Kristie Davis-Patton.
In other business, the board:
* Approved 10 transfer requests. Seven students will be transferring into the district, while three will be leaving.
* Voted to change the submission deadline for transfer requests for the fall semester to the first day of school each August.
* Approved the purchase and installation of a 15-ton air conditioner in the central area of the Elementary School, for $18,000.
* Voted to renew existing contractor agreements until June 30, 2013.
* Voted to give permission to Arvest Bank to use the Berryville Bobcat logo on its credit cards.