AARP hosting consumer protection forum in Eureka
EUREKA SPRINGS -- Four state agencies are partnering with AARP Arkansas to host a consumer protection forum in Eureka Springs on Thursday, May 10.
The forum, which is free of charge, will be held at Best Western Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center, 207 W. Van Buren, Eureka Springs. Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by the program from 8:15 a.m. to noon. A complimentary lunch will be served at noon.
The Office of the Arkansas Attorney General; the Arkansas Securities Department; the Arkansas Insurance Department's Senior Health Insurance Information Program; and the Department of Human Services' Division of Aging and Adult Services join AARP Arkansas to present the consumer protection forum.
Attendance is limited and advanced registration is required, by calling 1-877-926-8300 (toll-free). Deadline to register is noon Wednesday, May 9.
The forum will feature presentations on:
* Stretch Your Retirement Dollars: AARP Arkansas
* Medicare Fraud Prevention--What You Can Do: Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Aging & Adult Services, Senior Medicare Patrol
* Most Popular Frauds: Office of the Arkansas Attorney General
* Legal Planning: Office of the Attorney General
* Securities Fraud: Arkansas Securities Department
* Understanding the Mysteries of Medicare: Arkansas Insurance Department, Senior Health Insurance Information Program)
* Health Insurance Changes: Arkansas Insurance Department, Consumer Assistance Program
Questions will be taken from the audience and representatives will be available to provide information and assistance.