Since the arrival of our new Managing Editor Kristal Kuykendall, many of you have given us (and her) feedback as to what's wrong and what's right with the Carroll County News, as we mull over how to improve our news organization.
Our goal is to make Carroll County News the true countywide news source of record, both in print and online, for every community in this county, at all times and for all needs. This means Carroll County News will use its own resources to cover the news from all sources, depending on no other media outlets for news content from now on. However, CCN may still choose to reprint some feature articles from our sister newspaper in Eureka Springs.
Accordingly, in order to ensure the entire county is covered, some "beats" -- that's what reporters call their areas of assigned news coverage -- have been shuffled slightly. We'd like to tell you who is covering what now, and how to reach each reporter, so you know whom to contact if you have a news item of interest, or feedback on an article you read, or a question about a rumor you've heard, or anything else you want to discuss.
These beats represent the areas where these reporters are this newspaper's (and you, the readers') eyes and ears; the actual writing will be divided up among the staff, including the managing editor, depending on who has the most time on each particular day that a developing story breaks.
Following is the breakdown of beats for Carroll County News' editorial staff; if ever a time arises when you cannot reach the specified reporter, please contact Managing Editor Kristal Kuykendall with your news item, comment or question at firstname.lastname@example.org, (office) 870-423-6636, or (cell) 479-981-9419.
* Berryville City Council, Berryville School District, Berryville Police and Fire Departments: Eddie Keever, email@example.com.
* Carroll Boone Water District: Kate Lucariello, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Carroll County Airport Commission: Staff/editor.
* Carroll County Courthouse, Eastern District: Kate Lucariello.
* Carroll County Courthouse, Western District: Staff/editor.
* Carroll County Quorum Court: Eddie Keever.
* Carroll County Sheriff's Office: Eddie Keever.
* Entertainment: Staff/editor.
* Eureka Springs City Council: Eddie Keever.
* Eureka Springs School District: Kate Lucariello.
* Eureka Springs Police and Fire Departments: Eddie Keever.
* Features: Staff/Editor.
* Green Forest City Council, Green Forest School District, and Green Forest Police and Fire Departments: Eddie Keever.
* Holiday Island SID, Holiday Island Planning Commission, Holiday Island Homeowners Association and Fire Auxiliary: Kate Lucariello.
* State politics / elections: Staff/editor.
As always, thank you for reading Carroll County News; we hope you enjoy the changes and improvements!
-- Carroll County News / M.E. Kristal Kuykendall