May 5 Gallery Stroll outlined
To celebrate May's Festival of Art, Eureka Springs Gallery Association members have gallery strolls every Saturday of the month! Gallery Strolls are from 6 to 9 p.m. Here are just a few of the delights in store for the first stroll, May 5:
* Eureka Thyme: On May 5, features Betty Johnson, whose pet portraits grace the homes of many animal lovers across the country. Although Betty is mainly known for her series, "Old Masters Gone to the Dogs", she is also an accomplished landscape and people /doll portrait artist. What will she have for us in this show? I can hardly wait to find out! 19 Spring St., 479-363-9600.
* Susan is throwing a party at her Susan Morrison Signature Gallery on May 5, starting at 7 p.m. She'll be showing all of her work that celebrates not only the 'unusual' animals and birds she has drawn throughout her career, but also sharing some of her unique portraits of her early career. Hawaiian shirts and super casual dress are encouraged, a keg of beer and cocktail buffet will be provided. 78 Spring St., 479-253-8788.
* Studio 62 in Eureka Springs is hosting its 7th Annual Art as Prayer--a month-long exhibition of original works, utilizing art as a vehicle to spirituality. Studio 62 is the gallery of resident artists, Jody Stephenson and Ron Lutz. On Highway 62 West in Eureka Springs, next to Bavarian Inn, 479-363.9209.
* The Prospect Gallery will feature Eureka Springs legendary Carol Saari, the driving force behind Art in the Opera, and a phenomenal painter in her own right. Come meet Carol, explore her paintings, and marvel at her unsurpassed sense of color, form, and light! 42 Prospect, 479-253-5012.
* During the entire month, Artifacts Folk & Fine Art Gallery has donated space for the 3rd Annual Eureka Springs Invitational Art Show, where more than 50 selected, local artists will be displaying their works for purchase. 37 Spring St., upstairs, 479-363-6660.
* Also on May 5, Artifacts is hosting Artist Demonstrations. From 3 to 6 p.m., folk artists Lorna & Craig Trigg Hirsch demonstrate their flutes & drums and lead interactive flute/drum workshop, and from 6 to 9 p.m. Lisa Bauer's Artist Demonstration, 37 Spring St., upstairs, 479-363-6660.