Board of Commissioners Recap - July 2008
At its June 23 business meeting, the Holiday Island Board of Commissioners:
* Approved allocating $2,198 toward the purchase of a new stove and convection oven by the Homeowners Association for the Clubhouse.
* Approved going with the low bid for the fire station tank control project of $53,410, which is $5,510 over budget. The shortfall will be made up from undesignated reserves.
* Discussed the Recreation Complex master planning process (see story page 3).
* Heard the financial report. The district is running a $104,000 loss, which District Manager Kevin Crosson said is not unusual, until assessments catch up. The due date is Oct. 10.
* Heard Crosson say he had received a letter from the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission about doing an urban deer count in the fall/winter to establish population figures. This is part of a district deer management plan objective set by the district.
The board's next meetings will be a July 21 work session and a July 28 business meeting, both at 9 a.m. at the district office at 110 Woodsdale Drive.